Friday, January 01, 2010

100 Movies in 2009

It doesn't seem like the most prestigious goal but I finally made it. Yesterday on New Years Eve, I finished my 100th movie of 2009.

Watching movies was never intended to become a marathon toward 50 or 100 or beyond. Around September, I realized that I had watched a bunch of movies through rentals, borrowing DVDs from family members or DVDs that I had on the shelf but never had the chance to watch over the years. So I wrote down the movies and came up with a list that neared 70.

Needless to say, I was shocked that it added up to a number that high. So I started doing the math and figured that if I time my movie watching just right, I could reach 100 movies by December 31st.

Here is the list in groups of 10.

I highlighted 32 of my favorites:

The Lookout
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Slumdog Millionaire
Gran Torino
In Bruges
Primer
Matrix 1
Matrix 2
Matrix 3
Milk


Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Rachel Getting Married
Little Miss Sunshine
Juno
Existenz

Batman
Ironman
Gattaca

Clockwork Orange
PI

Taxi Driver
Sunshine
Raging Bull
Goodfellas
Minority Report
GI Joe

Reservior Dogs
Taken
Memento
District 9

Knowing
Xmen: Wolverine
Star Trek
State of Play

Terminator: 4
Michael Clayton
Bottle Rocket
Up
Monster vs. Aliens
There Will Be Blood

The Italian Job
Hancock
Tropic Thunder
Frost/Nixon
Punisher
The Reader
The Wrestler
Valkyrie
Supertroopers
The Incredible Hulk

Supersize Me
Bigger, Stronger, Faster
I Love You, Man

The Hangover
Pumping Iron
Chasing Ghosts
King of Kong

Burn After Reading
Expelled: No Intelligence Allowed
The French Connection

Babel
The Thin Red Line
Casper
Syriana
The Dark City

The Quiet Earth
Hot Rod
Rollerball
The Maiden Heist
The Bucket List

Letters From Iwo Jima
12 Monkeys

Antarctica Documentary
The Straight Story
Millers Crossing

The Simple Plan
The Astronaut Farmer
Code 46
Cypher
All the Kings Men

A Scanner Darkly
Mr. Brooks
Xmen
The Number 13
Equilibrium

Hudsucker Proxy
Surrogates
Boondock Saints
Clean Shaven
THX-1138

Ronin
Xmen 2
Xmen 3
The Contender
The Ninth Gate
The Road to Perdition
Something, Something, Something, Darkside
Requim for a Dream
The Truman Show
Almost Famous

No comments: