Wednesday, August 23, 2006

No, we haven't gone belly-up

For those of you who have been wondering why there haven't been any new postings in recent weeks, wonder no more.

Yes, the Evening with Sabs writing staff is still here and in business. However, I like to give the employees a break during the dog-days of summer to recharge their creative minds. This year, I gave them 3 weeks of paid vacation--many have called it a sabbaticle of sorts.

Some take this time for internal reflection. Others go to Vegas and gamble. I, on the other hand, went on vacation with my family to South Carolina (Pictures Forthcoming).

Now more than two weeks removed from vacation and my time for reflection is complete, here are a few of my realizations on the experience:

1. Unlike most adults, my 13 month old son can control 10 people

2. My mom swears when she plays miniature golf

3. Unlike at home, you'll pay triple for water on vacation when your really hot

4. Sand is difficult to wash out of your child's curly hair

5. Minivans still suck

No comments: